This is a great recipe for when you have been out all day and need to get something quick and filling on the table.
- 3/4 lb sausage
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and black pepper
- 12 oz pasta
- grated Parmesan, for serving
seasonal vegetables or salad to serve
- Chop the sausage into bite sized cubes
- Brown in a large saute pan
- Thinly slice the onion and crush the garlic and add these to the sausages
- When the sausages are browned and the onions softened add the tinned tomatoes
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Cook the vegetables or prep the salad
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water; drain the pasta and add it to the sausage mixture.
- Season to taste
- (add reserved pasta water if the pasta seems dry).
- Sprinkle with the cheese and serve with the salad or vegetables