Marinading meat prior to cooking really gives it a boost in flavour and makes it extra tender. Well worth the few minutes it takes, and taking the time several hours before cooking to do.
This is the recipe I use for pork chops and some other meats as well. Served with a mixed green salad and mashed potato or quinoa makes it a tasty dinner.
- 4 fl oz soy sauce
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4-6 pork chops
- In a shallow dish, combine the marinade ingredients
- Place the chops into the marinade and turn to get an even coating
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, as long as you like.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Place pork chops in a roasting dish, and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes dependent on thickness until cooked, basting meat occasionally with marinade.