This is what we had for dinner tonight.
Stir-frying is so quick and helps retain the flavour and vitamins of the vegetables, and you can use whatever you have available, you don’t have to stick to the vegetables that I have here.
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbs vegetable oil or more olive oil
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 4 oz sweetcorn
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 3 oz beansprouts
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Whisk together the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Mix in the soy sauce and olive oil, and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil or olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Cook the grated ginger, chopped onion and garlic until softened. This flavours the oil too.
- Stir-fry the carrot, pepper and broccoli for about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, spring onions, beansprouts and rice.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp.
- Serve immediately.